Friday, November 27, 2009

November 27, 2009 - "...Let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe..." Heb 12:28






Top of the evening, friends!




I hope this blog entry finds you all well and refreshed after another great Thanksgiving!



I spent the holiday with my family at my sister's house in Trenton, and we all had a wonderful time eating and visiting. My sister, Terry always outdoes herself! It was my job to cut the turkey this year, and boy...did I ever BUTCHER it (literally)! I don't think I'll be asked to perform that duty again next year (lol)! It's normally dad's job, but he was late getting there.


Thanks to everyone who sent me Happy Thanksgiving notes, emails, and blogs! You all continue to keep me lifted up!




Unfortunately, Dad must have another surgery in January. He has developed another hernia as a result of the scar tissue from one of the last surgeries. His doctor doesn't believe it's going to be a big deal, in fact, plans for it to be an outpatient procedure. Please continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers, as this is his 6th surgery over the last year.


The above pictures are of a day of zip-lining in Hocking Hills. The first picture is of me and my friends, Barb, Pandy, Terri, Jen, and Trish at Bob Evans. Unfortunately, Barb & Pandy couldn't join the zip-lining festivities, but they did eat breakfast with us before they left. The rest of us then spent about 3 hours zipping through the woods of Hocking Hills. The second and third pictures are proof of our adventure! If you haven't had the opportunity to do this, I would greatly encourage it. We had a lot of fun!


Our business (Stars Consulting, LLC) continues to increase, praise God!. A huge case we have been working on for some time was recently settled, I believe, in part, as a result of our very thorough, accurate, and detailed crash analysis that we provided the attorney. Steve does such a tremendous job with crash reconstruction! We have also received several more cases since then. We are very thankful for the referrals we receive from previous clients!




Quotes for the day:




"He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has"
Epictetus





"The measure of a man is not, "How did he die?" but "How did he live?"
not "What did he gain?" but "What did he give?"
Unknown




Please keep the following people in your prayers, as they are fighting some type of battle:


  • Joyce Petty



  • Joyce Channel's daughter, Beth



  • David Huff



  • Baby Julia



  • Jim Slagle



  • Lex the Mali
Here are a couple of videos that I thought you might enjoy. The first is spiritual, the second was just too cute not to share!


I will try to write again soon. But until next time, be safe and be blessed!


Lisa-1095

No comments: