Thursday, July 26, 2007

july 26,2007 - HE will never forsake me

top of the afternoon to you, my friends!

i'm a bit late on my blog update due to therapy and wonderful visitors--those of course, are great reasons for being late--i believe!

just as the Bible tells me that HE will never forsake me...the last two weeks have shown me that my friends and family haven't forsaken me either. i continue to be overwhelmed by the amount of prayer and support i am receiving! all my needs have been met -- from pet care to lawn care...just to name a few.

thank you so much for giving me that 'extra' push as i continue my COMPLETE recovery.

i actually was able to get into a wheelchair last night for a short trip and again today. i was honored to have elzie AKA 'retired' fish chauffeur me around today via wheelchair. he wanted to know if i wanted him to make 'harley' sounds as we traversed the hallways....lol i graciously declined.

i am told some medical equipment will be sent to my home tomorrow in preparation for my release--yeah! i may possibly go home this weekend as the dr's determine their next bone strategy. meanwhile, i'm getting stronger each day and gain strength from my Lord and from you.

please keep the prayers coming -- they are working.

blessings....

lisa - 1095

PS....MARY ALSO THANKS YOU FOR ALL THE PRAYERS AND CONCERNS. SHE HAS SOME LIGAMENT PROBLEMS ON HER LEFT LEG, SO SHE HAS A CAST FOR THE TIME BEING. SHE IS RECOUPERATING FROM BROKEN TOES, RIBS, AS WELL AS A PAINFUL TORN HAMSTRING. SHE TOO HAS BEEN OVERWHELMED BY THE SUPPORT AND CONCERN SHE'S RECEIVED.

REMINDER...

MY SURGERY IS SCHEDULED TOMORROW FOR 1245, BUT THEY WILL TAKE ME FOR PREP AT 1130A.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been trying to visit but my work schedule has not allowed. I and the mambers of GEARS have been praying for you since the day of the accident. If there is anything we can do to help just let us know at gears-mm.org. God Bless! Guy Joseph GEARS

Anonymous said...

It has been so good to hear from you and to learn you are getting better and stronger everyday. You are truly an inspiration and a blessing to all of us. You are a witness to God's grace and will and to the power of prayer from all of us. God is working in all of us and through you. I think we are all feeling His presence. God is good.... ALL THE TIME!

Anonymous said...

What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

You have a heart of gold and the faith of steel. God has already made you well.

Anonymous said...

Major, if they decide to use metal to replace the missing bone in your leg,I would sacrifice a piston rod out of my red Harley for it. Couldn't use the blue bike as a donor, the bank still owns it.

Your Retired Buddy.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Lisa. Just got caught up on the blogs. I'm SO glad the surgeries seem to be working. You hang in there . . . this is all temporary and you'll be good as new in no time. Take it one day at a time, and know our thoughts and love are with both you and Mary.

Robin (and Lynette!)
San Francisco

Anonymous said...

I would have loved to see Elzie pushing you around making those Harley sounds! You continue to know you are thought of and prayed for on a daily basis! You are the woman!
Love ya, Tom, Wendy and Alan

Anonymous said...

May the surgery today go even better than the doctors are expecting for today. Your hospital caregivers seem quite gracious and caring, so it is good to know you have been in good hands. Of course you are always in the best hands of all when you place yourself in God's grace and loving arms. Be strong, little one. Keep the thumbs up attitude and the wheels in motion for a speedy recovery. Love you, Cindy

K.McCarthy said...

Good morning Major,
I would have loved to have seen Fish push you around making Harley sounds, I can almost see it now. He is such a great man and a good friend.
We will all be praying for you this morning as you undergo another surgery and will be waiting for you to get back into your room from recovery. Your angels are on duty 24/7 and will be protecting you.
Another day closer to your complete recovery sweetie!!!
Just so you know, I will make sure that your "good snack drawer" will be stocked and ready for you when you return to GHQ, although I may have to put a security device on it. (Teri keeps trying to find out where the secret snack stash is...LOL!!!!)
We all love you girl and are here with you to lift you up through this difficult time.
Love you much, see you soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go girl! Sounds like you are making tremendous progress. We always knew you were tough. God does answer prayers. We continue to keep you in our ours and who knows maybe next May we can all go to Tennessee for vacation. We missed last year, but we need to renew our plans. Although we haven't made it up to see you, you are never far from our mind. Tell that Ross he owes me a phone call or I will have to do something drastic to him, you know like beat something!!! Our love is with you.
Shelly, Len and the Woltz and Barron families

Anonymous said...

Major - We hope everything goes well for you today and you are able to be released to go home. Keep your positive attitude and know you're in our thoughts and prayers. - Rob & Becky Jackson