Saturday, August 29, 2009

august 29, 2009 - "my instruction is far more valuable than silver or gold" prov 8:11





top of the evening, friends!

unfortunately, it's been a while since i've posted anything. for some reason, i was locked out of the site and had to have one of my "techie" friends help me get back in.

hope all is going well in your world. things are great here. dad had a bowel blockage about a month ago and had to have another surgery. praise God, however, he's doing well. his doctors can't believe how much energy he has!

a friend and i just returned from a 12-day, 12-state, 3,000 mile motorcycle trip. we travelled up the east coast and through the new england states. we rode through 4 mountain ranges (white mountains, green mountains, adirondak mountains, and the allegheny mountains). although i probably got way too much sun, it was a wonderful trip that i will always fondly remember. the seafood was also unbelievable! i actually saw lobster as cheap as $1.25 a pound! the wild blueberries are to die for as well! the pictures above are from the trip. the top picture is of me after i ran out of gas 3 miles from home! this, of course was after i drove 3,000 miles! my buddy elzie bailed me out. he and trish thought it was extremely funny. unfortunately, now everyone in franklin county knows about it (lol!) in my defense, however, my gas gauge quit working on the trip--at least that's my story! thanks to the circleville trooper who also came to my rescue! the second picture is kayaking on beautiful lake wilson in new hampshire, and the third is on top of cadillac mountain in acadia national park.

i recently completed a 5-mile hike around lake hargus this month! it took me about 3 hours, but i hadn't done that walk since before my crash....so it was such a victory! the dogs greatly enjoyed it too!

our business (stars consulting, llc) continues to increase--in fact we just received another case in eastern ohio this week. we'll be mapping it out soon. my online class starts in september, so i'm just about ready to resume teaching. this is my first of this type, so i'm both excited and a little apprehensive. i've worked very hard on it, so i hope it goes smoothly.

please keep the following people/entities in your prayers as they are going through some tough times:

OSHP
ODPS
joyce p.
jenny t.
toni d.
terri s.
mike s.
jerry p.
terri's m.'s dad

quotes for the day:

"people who consider themselves victims of their circumstances will always remain victims unless they develop a greater vision for themselves"

- stedman graham -

--------------------------------------------------


"opportunities are like sunrises--if you wait too long, you miss them"

- william arthur ward -

hopefully, next month i will be able to write in a more timely manner.
until next time....be blessed!
lisa - 1095

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
Great to hear you are doing well. I lost your E-Mail address when our computer crashed and I also misplaced your phone number, so I haven't had a chance to get in touch. Kellie and I do think of you often, and through a little research, I found your Blog once again. We would love to see you sometime, you can contact us at gravesgang@horizonview.net. Maybe we can go out and eat or something.
Your Friends, Chris & Kellie Graves
P.S. Some tall, skinny Trooper named Hanner said to tell you "Hi"!!!

Anonymous said...

Life is a great and everlasting journey, but friendships are forever.
Live Simply,
Love Generously,
Care Deeply,
Speak Kindly.

fd