Monday, April 13, 2009

april 13, 2009 - "create in me a new, clean heart, O God" psalms 51:10


top of the morning, friends!

i hope this blog entry finds you all well. it's been a while since i've written, as i don't have a lot of news...but here goes.

well, i finally sold my beloved harley softail deluxe! but, it went to a good home! my friend terri m. bought it and loves it as much as i did! the picture above is her "maiden voyage." we rode about 100 miles on saturday and almost froze to death! by the time we were done, i couldn't feel my hands...but it was a lot of fun!
i still have my black/gray kawasaki drifter 800 for sale too. if you are interested, please either call me or write a note on the blog. i'll make you a deal....
i visited my orthopedic doctor last month and he was pleased with my progess. in fact, he didn't even x-ray me this time. i don't have to see him again for another 6 months. i'm still working out almost daily and am up to 5+ miles a day on the eliptical. i also walk the dogs as well. i'm working on minimizing my limp as much as possible--and making progress! currently, i have about a 91-92 degree bend on my left leg.

the business and teaching are going well...i'm busier than ever! we even bought some new reconstruction software for the business to make our jobs a little easier.

dad continues to improve too. in fact, he's itching to ride motorcycle again, so i'm continuing my search for another trike. i guess you can't keep a good man down!
i would love it if you could keep the following people in your prayers, as they are fighting some significant battles:
- pastor randy wallace (cancer)
- joyce petty (cancer)
- my mail lady gail costa (cancer)
- kelly salyers (possible glaucoma)
alan and wendy f. came over last week for "movie night." alan picked the movie ("Bolt") and i provided the pizza. the movie was great, but company was even better! we had a nice time catching up. alan continues to deny that he cheats on board games, however.
quote for the day:
"i can't change the direction of the wind, but i can adjust my sails to always reach my destination"
- jimmy dean -
until next time, be blessed....
lisa - 1095

No comments: